Part II: Reports of Reality
venue: Capitol Musical Theater, Big Stage, ul. Piłsudskiego 67
date: March 25, 2022, 16:00, 20:30
tickets: 170, 140 and 110 PLN
Part I: Finalists of the Song Interpretation Contest
approx. 120 min
Directed by: Jerzy Jan Połoński, arrangements, musical direction: Dawid Sulej Rudnicki, set design: Damian Styrna, visuals: Eliasz Styrna
Musicians: Dawid Sulej Rudnicki (piano), Michał Peiker (drums), Grzegorz Bąk (bass), Krzysztof Bolek (guitars)
In the first part of the Final Concert, we will see the finalists of the Song Interpretation Contest.
The jury consisting of: Magda Popławska, Agnieszka Smoczyńska, Agnieszka Szydłowska, Piotr Rogucki and Jerzy Satanowski, will judge the performers during the Finale Concert and will distribute the following prizes:
- Grand Prix – a Golden Toucan statuette and PLN 25,000
- The award of the ZAiKS Authors’ Association for the best performance of a Polish song – PLN 10,000
- The award of the Polish-German Cultural Society Polonica – PLN 4,000 with an invitation to participate in the next edition of the Rock & Chanson Festival in Cologne
- Award of the Polish Song Museum in Opole – a session in the Recording Studio (recording, mixing and mastering)
Journalists, present at the Finale Concert, choose the laureate of the Toucan of the Journalists. The audience selects the laureate of the Toucan of the Audience. Journalists of Radio RAM from Wrocław will also grant the Monika Jaworska award (a statuette and Tour de RAM – participation of the laureate in selected programs and podcasts).
Part II: Reports of Reality
approx. 70 min
Text: Miron Białoszewski, script and direction: Jerzy Jan Połoński, music, musical direction: Mateusz Pospieszalski, set design: Damian Styrna, visuals: Eliasz Styrna, costumes: Magdalena Nikiel
Miron: Błażej Wójcik
Guests from the head: Jan Peszek, Renia Gosławska, Karolina Czarnecka, Jan Jakub Monowid, Ralph Kaminski, Mateusz Pospieszalski, Król
Guests from reality: Cezary Jabłoński, Karolina Biedroń, Antonia Federowicz, Kornel Sadowski, Katarzyna Domalewska, Barbara Pospieszalska
Mateusz Pospieszalski (saxophone), Piotr Wróbel (suzaphone, tuba), Grzegorz Pałka (trombone), Bartek Łupiński (trombone), Piotr Chęcki (tenor saxophone), Oskar Torok (trumpet), Marek Pospieszalski (tenor saxophone), Grzegorz Tarwid (keys), Michał Bryndal (drums), Tomek Dąbrowski (trumpet)
Miron Białoszewski was an exceptional poet who defied all conventions, the primary representative of the linguistic poetry trend, an outstanding prose writer and playwright. 2022 is the year of the 100th anniversary of the poet’s birth.
– In Białoszewski’s work, you can hear music, rhythm and phrase. You get the impression he composed words into a melody, and he hid the whole world in their ambiguity. Unfortunately, however, there aren’t many songs based on his lyrics. Of course, we cannot forget about the “Carousel with Madonnas” with the music of Zygmunt Konieczny or the outstanding “Diary of the Warsaw Uprising” with the theme of Mateusz Pospieszalski. Still, the work of Miron Białoszewski deserves a much greater consolidation in the musical consciousness – says Jerzy Jan Połoński, the author of the script and director.
Producer of the Finale Concert and Song Interpretation Contest: Agnieszka Kozak
Director’s assistant: Filip Zaszewski
Stage manager: Magdalena Morawiak
Jury’s secretary: Emilia Militowska
Producer’s assistant: Marta Leśniak